dimanche 15 février 2009

A Day Late for Love...of Myself.


Artwork is Lotus by Cassandra Barney

It took getting sick in order for me to take time to nurture and give myself some support. I'm single and for the most part enjoy my solitude. Only downside is when I am sick then it is all up to me. I had been rushing around, running on empty and had neglected my well being getting ready for my new job and learning new duties.

It all caught up with me and caused me to miss my dear friend Erin's wedding at the coast! I guess my body was sending me a message so I took myself to heart.

I did not clean my apartment. I did nothing but sleep, read and eat.

Some things I did this weekend to battle this flu bug and regain balance in my body's system:

~1000 mg high doses of Nature's Life C-Complex C with Bio-Rose Antioxidant Complex every four hours.

-One teaspon of baking soda in hot water several times a day to reduce the acidity in my body.

~Choosing not to take a fever reducer but instead let the fever burn that mother farker flu bug out.

~Drinking tea sweetened with Stevia and made from bulk dried rose hips from the Co-op.

~Hot epsom salt baths with double the epsom salts to draw out the toxins.

~Showering afterwards with Dr. Bronner's Rose Castile Soap. The lovely scent filled the whole apartment. It is a very nice fruity and green rose smelling soap, not like those old lady perfumey rose soaps. Rose oil is very good for depression and anxiety.

~Slathering Alaffia Unscented Shea Butter Lotion on my skin after soaking and showering. My skin ate it up, appreciating the break from the petroleum and dimethicone in the Aveeno lotion I usually use because it is cheaper.

~Rubbing Badger Winter Wonder Balm Aromatic Chest Rub to sooth my cough and relieve my stuffy nose.

~Savoring Bee M.D. Organic Honey Throat Drops.
~Sleeping 14 hours a day.

~ Totally unnatural codeine cough syrup left over from two years ago. I hope it still gives me trippy-out-there dreams. Like in Cable Guy when Matthew Broderick is running from Jim Carrey down the hallway.

~Wearing my pajamas to the store to get the goods to treat myself.

~Napping with the Pugs as the sun warmed us when it poured through the window in the bedroom.

~Using Hummingbird Wholesale's Raw Virgin Coconut Oil as a lip balm and hand moisturizer. It is not that fake sweet coconut smell. Real coconut has this delish spicy light coconut smell. Makes me want to rub it on someone and do unmentionable things. Yum.

~Eating Coconut Bliss Frozen Dessert, its simply divine. I think a scoop of it will be just sublime in my morning coffee tomorrow.

I love you April, you're worth it.

6 commentaires:

cyn a dit…

Eek. It's all Frenchie here.

Oui, there should be an annual April day... no... weekend every month!

crallspace a dit…

Well, I certainly hope you get to feeling better, for upon us is a season of renewal and good health.

Debbie Does Nothing a dit…

April, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are. Hope you've recovered from your illness.

Devin a dit…

That was cute Pugs:) I love Leonard Cohen! and I could sure use somebody to teach me French-all the best!!

Unknown a dit…

just stopping by to say hi and send you healing waves of love/light. I increased my potassium this winter and avoided all illness - first time ever.

Tweedles -- that's me a dit…

Thank you for stopping by my bloggy.
The monster is gone now- so I am okay,
Come back again
love
tweedles