mercredi 15 octobre 2008

Oh the Things Children Say!

I took Ruby and Charlie for their usual daily walk down to the school yesterday early evening. The walk on the leash to the school takes the edge off of them so that when they are off-leash at the school they mind when called.

We met a girl about six years old or so. Her mother was working late at the school and she was outside playing. She came over to meet Ruby and Charlie and sat down with us.

She was particularly bright and could hold a conversation very well. I really dig kids that are like that..bright, well behaved, considerate, creative and that love animals. She petted Ruby and Charlie and told me all about her dog while we sat on the grass.

Charlie, my male Pug, was quite relaxed sitting there and when he gets relaxed... well "you know what" comes out.

The little girl noticed and said "I think they sit that way to hide their private parts" and described how they were sitting with their legs out to the side to be more "modest". Too funny.

As held in my laughter she went even further and said "Boys love their penises! They cannot live with out them!".

Oh god hilarious! Where do they get this stuff?

4 commentaires:

cyn a dit…

Ah, if only I could be guarenteed a child like that, I would seek one out.

I see Ruby is mocking Charlie with the tennis ball again. Poor Charlie!

Nina a dit…

What an adorable, classic child speak line! She's obviously been paying attention. lol

Debbie Does Nothing a dit…

She's pretty much got the world figured out. Very wise for 6.

Angie a dit…

Oh that is precious. And oh so true.