samedi 9 août 2008

Yurts and Monkeys! Oh my!



I got up early on a Saturday (gasp) to get my haircut. I finally found a local hair stylist that knows how to cut thick hair and with a flat razor to boot! I found her by accosting a stranger in front of the library that had a great haircut and asked who her stylist was. Her name is Liza at Studio 355. It is really hard to find a good stylist that knows how to cut thick hair in a short hairstyle with a little bit of feminine touch without it looking like Pat from SNL. Since moving back to Corvallis it has been trial and tribulation with the haircut thang until finding Liz.

Got a nice little lesbionic haircut, short in the back with longer bangs. Should have gone to the Eugene Pride but took a nap instead. I am so tired of going to festivals, having them suck and then being pissed that I paid admission so I decided not to drive down to Eugene.

By the way, am I the only one in town that thinks DaVinci Days is not that good? When I go to a festival I want some culture! I want some ethnic dancers, I wanna feel the tribe thing.


DaVinci Days (yawn) is just a bunch of white people (myself included) mobbling around getting sunburned on their white knobby knee pencil legs. Maybe it would be more fun if I had a kid and went to the day time activities but the evening time was dull. I guess it is geared more towards kids. Blah. It should be called DullVinci Days or DuhVinci Dazed. Ten dollars for admission psh.

I digress. Back to the nap... had really weird dreams. Towards the end of my nap, I dreamt of a whole bunch of little monkeys. They were in a field next to where I lived in the dream and one got in the house. I woke up in a daze telling Ruby and Charlie my Pugs, oh my god there were monkeys everywhere what does it mean what does it mean! Monkeys! Monkeys! Everywhere!

I thought it must be symbolic and was going to look up monkey totem on the net but then realized it was a just a brain dream from watching "Hooked on Monkey Phonics" on South Park last night.

No deep esoteric meaning just a monkey from South Park. No deep hidden messages from the monkey soul group in the sixth dimension.

A friend of mine just sent me a how-to for building a yurt for your pets. Pretty cool. If I ever pare down to the yurt lifestyle (oh so close, especially when I see that ad this chick posts at the co-op for a space for her tee pee or the ad by the chick that has a remodeled old bus and is needing a place to park it) it will come in handy for the Pugs. They can each have their little private spaces in addition to living in my big yurt.

DIY pet yurt

Ugh this blog is disjointed, I am still in a brain fog from my nap.

It is bike ride day but me tired from nap...must...go...ride... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Perhaps a search on 'monkey mind' and Gurdjieff might lead somewhere interesting? Or not...

Pugs in Space a dit…

Monkey Mind sounds like a good name for my blog!

Debbie Does Nothing a dit…

From dreammoods.com, because I'm a google freak:

To see a monkey in your dream, symbolizes deceit people are working to advance their own interest. Monkeys also symbolize a playful and mischievous side of your own personality or an immature attitude.

To see a monkey hanging or swinging from a tree, denotes that you be troubled by young ones.

To dream that you are feeding a monkey, denotes that you betrayed by someone whom you thought cared about your interests.

*** All it proves to me is that the guy who wrote the dictionary needs a proof reader.

I have thick hair too. About once every 10 years I get a haircut I'm happy with.

Pugs in Space a dit…

After researching "monkey mind" and Gurdjieff I have come to the conclusion that my bitching and moaning on my blog is my monkey mind at work distracting me from The Work. Focus! Focus!