
I recently started riding my bicycle regularly again and it reminded me of this blog I wrote when I lived in Keizer. While the locations of my bike rides have certainly changed, the effect on me remains the same. It also reminds me of how I have been out of touch with the process of creating (writing) and have felt the void from the lack of it. I am exploring those previously wired brain circuits to hopefully get inspired to write again by reading my old blogs.
Here it is:
I had a lovely attitude adjustment yesterday evening. Took a 14 mile bike ride by myself out a curvy, country road outside of Keizer and explored a new road.
I took my usual path along the back neighborhood streets to avoid the busy main road in town then hit the road I usually ride on out in farmland but took an offshoot from my previously traveled path from there.
As I got further and further out, this weight began to lift as I began to peel away the connections to the irritating city, the frustration/ boredom/lack of soul with my job, etc… as if they were smothering scarves around my neck being freed by the whipping wind.
I was free from the responsibilities of my daily chores in maintaining my home, bills and even the responsibility of taking care of my Pugs and cat (even though I love them more than life itself).
It was just April Time.
Exploring a new road engaged my mind and allowed me to put those stressors to the back of my thoughts, suspending them for a bit to let my soul breath. Riding meditation.
The wind was torturously strong most of the way but little breaks between the gusts allowed me to catch my breath and strength.
I have fallen in love with hitting my own pace just right, allowing the world to fall away with just the sound of your own breath and your heart beating in your chest, filling your ears.
When my second wind kicks in and the burn of peddling hard falls away to be replaced with a floaty feeling as if you are on a cloud.
Before turning back I stopped to drink some water. The quiet being a nice break from the wind in my ears.
It was absolutely beautiful out there with the sun setting. The golden rays filtering through the trees and across the fields. Silence except for the chirp of birds. No cars with annoying fumes, dust being kicked up and loud noise. No people around, just me and nature
These rides always allow me to ground myself and reconnect with the earth. They also bring to light the great divide between the life that my soul yearns for and how invalid my current life is for me. It inspires me to focus again to getting to where I need and want to be.
Here it is:
I had a lovely attitude adjustment yesterday evening. Took a 14 mile bike ride by myself out a curvy, country road outside of Keizer and explored a new road.
I took my usual path along the back neighborhood streets to avoid the busy main road in town then hit the road I usually ride on out in farmland but took an offshoot from my previously traveled path from there.
As I got further and further out, this weight began to lift as I began to peel away the connections to the irritating city, the frustration/ boredom/lack of soul with my job, etc… as if they were smothering scarves around my neck being freed by the whipping wind.
I was free from the responsibilities of my daily chores in maintaining my home, bills and even the responsibility of taking care of my Pugs and cat (even though I love them more than life itself).
It was just April Time.
Exploring a new road engaged my mind and allowed me to put those stressors to the back of my thoughts, suspending them for a bit to let my soul breath. Riding meditation.
The wind was torturously strong most of the way but little breaks between the gusts allowed me to catch my breath and strength.
I have fallen in love with hitting my own pace just right, allowing the world to fall away with just the sound of your own breath and your heart beating in your chest, filling your ears.
When my second wind kicks in and the burn of peddling hard falls away to be replaced with a floaty feeling as if you are on a cloud.
Before turning back I stopped to drink some water. The quiet being a nice break from the wind in my ears.
It was absolutely beautiful out there with the sun setting. The golden rays filtering through the trees and across the fields. Silence except for the chirp of birds. No cars with annoying fumes, dust being kicked up and loud noise. No people around, just me and nature
These rides always allow me to ground myself and reconnect with the earth. They also bring to light the great divide between the life that my soul yearns for and how invalid my current life is for me. It inspires me to focus again to getting to where I need and want to be.

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire